Inflammation of the conjunctiva is known as conjunctivitis. Conjunctiva is a thin transparent membrane that covers the front of the eye. Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye and is a prevalent ailment. It can be caused by a virus, exposure to chemicals, exposure to artificial light, and allergic conditions. Conjunctivitis is contagious and can spread through contact. It poses a risk of becoming an epidemic in offices and schools. Some common symptoms of conjunctivitis are; soreness, redness, irritation, and watering in the eye. Look at Info Sehat Klikdokter if you want to know more about Health information from KlikDokter.
Conjunctivitis home remedies
There are several home remedies for conjunctivitis, which are easy to follow and safe to use. Some of the popular home remedies for conjunctivitis are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for conjunctivitis is to wash the eyes with cold water. This will soothe your eyes.
2. To prevent infection from happening to others, wear dark glasses.
3. Take a towel and soak it in cold water. Now squeeze this towel and put them over your eyes. Once this towel gets warm, you can soak it in cold water and re-use it.
4. You can even try taking three to six grams of Triphala powder (an ayurvedic product which contains Harada, amla, and behada) two times daily.
5. Take some water and put some marigold plant leaves into it. Use this water as an eyewash. It will give you immediate relief.
6. Juices of raw vegetables can also be very useful in treating conjunctivitis. Mixed juice of spinach and carrot is also very useful in fighting conjunctivitis. All you need to do is mix 300 ml of carrot juice with 200 ml of spinach juice. You can even try mixing 300 ml of carrot juice with 200 ml of raw parsley juice. Consuming these juices can be very useful in treating conjunctivitis.
7. Indian gooseberry is also very helpful for treating conjunctivitis. Just take a cup of Indian gooseberry and mix (two teaspoons) honey in it. Drink this mixture two times a day for better results.
8. Take a liter of warm water and add two drops of baby shampoo in it. Now take a cotton ball and dip it into this solution and clean your eyelids with it.
9. Always remember never rub or scratch your eyes, as it may worsen your infection.
10. Take some coriander seeds and soak them in water. You can rinse your infected eye with this coriander water several times a day. This will soothe your eyes and give a cooling effect.
11. Add diet rich in vitamin A and B2 such as tomatoes, mangoes, milk products carrots, pumpkin, butter, curd, almonds, and mangoes.
12. Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
13. Apply rose water on your eyelids as eye drops. This will soothe your eyes.
14. Used chamomile tea bags are beneficial in treating conjunctivitis. Just place these chamomile tea bags on your closed eyes for almost ten minutes.
15. One of the effective home remedies for conjunctivitis is the use of bilva leaves. All you need to do is extract some of its fresh juice and filter it through a muslin cloth. Now use this juice as an eye drop. You can even try making a paste out of these leaves by pounding them and then applying them to the eyelids.
These were some of the effective home remedies for conjunctivitis, which are simple, cost-effective, and easy to follow.